- This event has passed.
Executive Coordinator Résumé Deadline Approaching
September 1, 2017
The September 1 deadline for submitting résumés or making recommendations for the next CBF/GA Executive Coordinator is quickly approaching! Please consider carefully and with prayer those persons who would be good candidates for this position, and then encourage them to apply by the deadline. If you have been considering applying for the position yourself, please do so as soon as possible. Résumés and recommendations may be submitted, and questions may be directed to, the Executive Coordinator Search Committee at [email protected]. We ask that all in the CBF/GA family support the committee’s work with prayer.
The Cooperative Baptist Fellowship of Georgia seeks an executive coordinator who demonstrates spiritual maturity and giftedness in developing vision for the organization’s missional focus; cultivating interpersonal relationships; exhibiting administrative, leadership and communication skills; and understanding organizational relationships in our context. Preferred qualifications include theological education (M.Div. degree or equivalent), ministerial experience (5 years minimum), and a commitment to historic Baptist principles. Please send résumés to [email protected] by Sept.1.Duties of the Executive Coordinator, as outlined in the Constitution and By-Laws
ARTICLE III. EXECUTIVE COORDINATOR
Section 1. Duties — As chief staff member of CBF/GA, the Executive Coordinator will provide leadership in all areas of the life and work of the organization and carryout the mission of CBF/GA. The duties of the Executive Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide support and encouragement to pastors, church staff, and laity and serve as a resource to nurture healthy congregational life throughout CBFGA.
- Communicate the vision and work of CBFGA through meetings, consultations, personal contacts and correspondence, and public speaking forums; coordinate with staff and volunteers to design and publish promotional materials.
- Work with the Finance Committee, CBFGA leadership, and EMB in on-going development and fund-raising for the organization.
- Prepare regular written and oral reports on the work and progress of CBFGA to the Council, State General Assembly, CBFGA membership, and others as appropriate.
- Provide staff services for planning and coordinating meetings and special events as required.
- Assist churches during the process of transition in seeking pastors and staff.
- Give input to the strategic planning process for CBFGA.
- Coordinate with staff and Missions Committee as they develop a missions focus for CBFGA.
- Serve as liaison between CBFGA, National CBF, and other partners.
- Supervise all CBFGA Staff in accordance with the provisions of the CBFGA Employment Guidebook.
- Select, hire and replace as necessary CBFGA Support Staff in consultation with the Executive/Personnel Committee.
- Oversee and maintain the CBFGA facility and equipment.
- Supervise the collection and submission to Mercer University Special Collections Department of the Tarver Library of legal, archival, and membership records.
Thank you for your encouragement, prayers, and support as we continue in this process.
The CBF/GA Executive Coordinator Search Committee:
Henry Tyson, Chair and Past Moderator, First Baptist, Carrollton
Don Brewer, First Baptist, Gainesville
John Paul Harris, Horizon Baptist Fellowship, Summerville
LeAnn Gunter Johns, First Baptist Church of Christ, Macon
Joyce McCartney, First Baptist, Griffin
Julie Long, Moderator, First Baptist Church of Christ, Macon
Keithen Tucker, Moderator-Elect, First Baptist, Eatonton