Senior Adult Events
The hospitality created such a joyful atmosphere and the fellowship,
beautiful music and thought provoking messages made the retreat such a success.
Click Here to Register for Senior Adult Retreat
Sunday, April 29-Tuesday, May 1, 2018
FBC, St. Simons Island
Erin Robinson Hall, of Highland Hills Baptist Church in Macon, will lead the Senior Adult Retreat worship sessions at First Baptist Church, Saint Simons Island, Sunday, April 29 – Tuesday, May 1. Erin is a writer, Baptist minister, preacher, teacher, mom, and wife. She earned a Master of Divinity degree from Candler Theological Seminary and has completed a Doctor of Ministry degree in Christian Education from Columbia Theological Seminary.
Tuesday morning: Enjoy a second breakout session at 9:00 am, followed by worship led by Erin Robinson Hall. We will adjourn before lunch on Tuesday.
- Extending Your Warranty on Life led by Bob Natzke
- Rediscovering a Child-like Faith: Intergenerational Ministry led by Sarah Murray
- Jesus Prefers Good Wine led by Rev. Dr. Tony Lankford
- Addressing the Spiritual Needs of Isolated Elders: A New Frontier for Churches led by Sara Robb
- Listening: Voices We Need to Hear led by Erin Robinson Hall
- “Meet the New Executive Coordinator” during lunch on Monday.
- Explore the area through leisure activities on Monday afternoon — sign up for them at the church!
- Enjoy homemade cake and cookie and ice cream fellowships with fellow senior CBF/GA folks.
- Sing with the Retreat Choir for Monday night’s worship – there will be one practice, and we promise the music will be easy to learn.
Bob will discuss the importance of exercise as we age and will demonstrate and teach some exercises for seniors using the Senior Adult “Sit and Get Fit” Program.
Even if you’ve “done your time” in children’s ministry, you still have a lot to offer the families of your church! Join us as we explore ways adults of all ages can be advocates for and encouragers to the children and parents, creating healthier and more whole households and families of faith.
A retelling of Jesus’ parable of the Vine and the Branches (John 15:1-8) from a Baptist minister who grew up within the wine business.
An exploration of “elderhood” as an alternative to ageism and an overview of 3 ministry approaches to affirm the personhood of older adults and continued spiritual growth throughout the lifespan.
Testimony is a meaningful experience to evoke transformation in our journey with Christ. Consider how the practice and interpretation of testimony can lead us to listen to the voices of our neighbors who are vulnerable, overlooked or forgotten. In today’s digital culture, learn how practices of testimony and technology resources can build up the body of Christ.
Other highlights of the retreat:
Learn during two sessions of breakouts, including Bible Study with Tony Lankford, “Church at Home” with Sara Robb, and “Intergenerational Church Ministry” with Sarah Murray.
We have blocked rooms for one hotel, the Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse (912-638-1101), which is closest to First Baptist Church. The code is CBFG18 and the rate is$139.00 per room per night.
Other suggested lodging options are below:
Click Here for the 2017 Senior Adult Retreat Photo Gallery
Save the Date for Senior Celebration