State Mission Offering
During the fall of each year, we emphasize the CBF/GA State Mission Offering.
When your congregation takes up an annual state mission offering, or when individual members want to give to something extra, we hope you will consider supporting the CBF/GA State Mission Offering.
[God] is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us… – Ephesians 3:20
As we approach the 25th anniversary of CBF/GA, we invite you to IMAGINE what can happen if we fully support our State Mission Offering! CBF/GA State Mission Offering funds will be used to continue support for two main areas of ministry – young leadership development, and neighborhood mission and outreach efforts. With a goal of $35,000 the 2016/17 CBF/GA State Mission Offering will make these specific projects and initiatives possible:
- Increased funding for seminary student scholarships, allowing for expansion to include doctoral students
- Additional funding for Student.Church interns in CBF/GA churches
- Work at the New Era Missionary Baptist Convention of Georgia Center near Griffin
- Neighborhood Mission Projects
Detailed information about each of these ministries, along with samples of material available for promoting the State Mission Offering in your church, is included in this packet.
We offer the following items to assist you in supporting the State Mission Offering:
- A CBF/GA Event Calendar
- How to Give to the State Mission Offering
- Frequently Asked Questions about the State Mission Offering
- State Mission Offering envelopes (regular and pew versions)
- A bulletin insert for use in worship services
- A poster to promote your church’s goal for this year’s State Mission Offering
New this year, we have created a short video to use in promoting the State Mission Offering in your own congregation. This video as well as additional information and support material is available at the bottom of this page. For additional materials, please contact Renée Bennett at 478-742-1191, ext. 3, or [email protected].
Thank you for your generosity and partnership in being the presence of Christ to our state and to our world.
Frank Broome – Coordinator
Martha Kate Hall – Associate Coordinator
The following materials are available for download from CBF/GA. They may be used to promote the 2016/17 “Imagine” State Mission Offering.