State Mission Offering
During the fall of each year, we emphasize the CBF/GA State Mission Offering.
When your congregation takes up an annual state mission offering, or when individual members want to give to something extra, we hope you will consider supporting the CBF/GA State Mission Offering.
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.–Revelation 3:20 (NIV)
During the fall of each year, we emphasize the CBF/GA State Mission Offering. The amount given to the 2016/17 State Mission Offering totaled $12,187.16. If there is a special time during the year when your congregation collects a state mission offering, or when individual members want to give something extra, we hope you will consider supporting the CBF/GA State Mission Offering.
This year we are seeking to explore the ways that God is using CBF/GA to open doors for our churches and young leaders. It is our hope that the State Missions Offering will help CBF/GA to continue opening doors for the future. With a goal of $20,000, the 2017/18 CBF/GA State Mission Offering will make these specific projects and initiatives possible:
- An expansion of the Student.Church internship program for CBF/GA churches
- Continued investment in young leadership development throughout the state
- Neighborhood Mission and Outreach Projects
Detailed information about each of these ministries, along with samples of material available for promoting the State Mission Offering in your church, is included in this packet.
We offer the following items to assist you in supporting the State Mission Offering:
- A CBF/GA Event Calendar
- How to Give to the State Mission Offering
- Frequently Asked Questions about the State Mission Offering
- State Mission Offering envelopes (regular and pew versions)
- A bulletin insert for use in worship services
- A poster to promote your church’s goal for this year’s State Mission Offering
Again this year, we have created a short video to use in promoting the State Mission Offering in your own congregation. This video as well as additional information and support material may be downloaded below on this webpage. For additional materials, please email Renée Bennett at [email protected] or call 478-742-1191 (option 1, or option 2, ext. 3).
Thank you for your generosity and partnership in being the presence of Christ to our state and to our world.
Jody Long – Coordinator
Martha Kate Hall – Associate Coordinator
The following materials are available for download from CBF/GA. They may be used to promote the 2017/18 “Opening Doors” State Mission Offering.
- Printable Bulletin Insert Coming Soon
- Printable Poster Coming Soon