Register Here for Mid-Winter Retreat
Mid Winter Retreat is a gathering of young adults from across a large region including campuses and congregations in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, and Tenneseee. It is planned by young adults, for young adults.
It’s a chance to gather, mid-year, to grow in faith and relationships with other young adults. This year’s retreat theme is “Into Focus.”
Mid-Winter features large group worship, small group discussions, relevant break-out sessions, and a chance to meet representatives from CBF partner schools from across the region–– all with other college-aged students.
Date: January 24-26, 2020
Place: Camp Thunderbird | Lake Wylie, South Carolina
- $60 for students/ministers (includes four meals and two nights in a cabin).
- $60 for ministers/representatives who want to stay in a cabin designated for leaders and exhibitors. Cost includes four meals and two nights. This option is only for ministers/representatives.
- $30 for representatives (usually divinity school representatives) who attend Saturday only and do not spend the night. Cost includes lunch and dinner on Saturday. This option for representatives/ministers only.
Bring With You:
Sleeping bag, pillow, towel, soap/toiletries, Bible and money for Sunday morning offering.
Donna Battle is a native of Yanceyville, NC, and is passionate about facilitating spaces that are life-giving by supporting knowledge of truth, fostering healthy community and healing, and encouraging others to operate within their strengths. She currently serves as Chaplain to the College at Meredith College in Raleigh, NC.
Retreat Music Worship Leader
Student.Church Summer Internships
This year, CBF/GA will be partnering with CBF Global to offer additional funding for up to ten CBF/GA churches who hire summer interns through the Student.Church internship program.
How to participate in the CBF/GA Internship Initiative for 2019:
- Complete the Student.Church application. Churches may visit CBF/Global website to access online and printable applications.
- Answer any supplemental questions from CBF/GA (These will be sent via e-mail after the application has been received.)
- Secure funding to cover the church expenses for an intern.
- Identify an intern either within your own congregation or through other contacts.
- Have the intern complete an application. Students may visit CBF/Global website to access online and printable applications.
- Locate housing for the intern not living at home. Requirements for churches seeking additional funding through CBF/GA:
- Meet all requirements laid out in the Student. Church program
- Exhibit church support of CBF/GA
- Hire an intern with a CBF/GA connection
- Currently a member of a CBF/GA church
- Attending a CBF/GA church
- Attending a partner institution in GA
- Able to attend the Student.Church orientation and SelahVie debriefing
** Invite Jody Long or Martha Kate Hall of CBF/GA to be present for and participate in a gathering during the summer while the intern is serving
Student.Church program through CBF Global will provide:
- $600 stipend for the student
- $200 travel stipend to attend orientation and/or SelahVie
The CBF/GA Internship Initiative will provide:
- $1800 stipend for the student
- Possible additional money to cover remaining travel expenses for orientation and SelahVie
The local church will provide:
- $600 stipend for the student
- Housing for the student’s 10 weeks
- $300 food stipend
- Compensation for Church related travel
- All expenses for church-related events and trips
- Members to provide a meal for the student (either take the student out to eat or invite into their home) at least once per week