Student.Church Summer Internships:
This year, CBF/GA will be partnering with CBF Global to offer additional funding for up to ten CBF/GA churches who hire summer interns through the Student.Church internship program.
How to participate in the CBF/GA Internship Initiative for 2019:
- Complete the Student.Church application. Churches may visit CBF/Global website to access online and printable applications.
- Answer any supplemental questions from CBF/GA (These will be sent via e-mail after the application has been received.)
- Secure funding to cover the church expenses for an intern.
- Identify an intern either within your own congregation or through other contacts.
- Have the intern complete an application. Students may visit CBF/Global website to access online and printable applications.
- Locate housing for the intern not living at home. Requirements for churches seeking additional funding through CBF/GA:
- Meet all requirements laid out in the Student. Church program
- Exhibit church support of CBF/GA
- Hire an intern with a CBF/GA connection
- Currently a member of a CBF/GA church
- Attending a CBF/GA church
- Attending a partner institution in GA
- Able to attend the Student.Church orientation and SelahVie debriefing
** Invite Jody Long or Martha Kate Hall of CBF/GA to be present for and participate in a gathering during the summer while the intern is serving
Student.Church program through CBF Global will provide:
- $600 stipend for the student
- $200 travel stipend to attend orientation and/or SelahVie
The CBF/GA Internship Initiative will provide:
- $1800 stipend for the student
- Possible additional money to cover remaining travel expenses for orientation and SelahVie
The local church will provide:
- $600 stipend for the student
- Housing for the student’s 10 weeks
- $300 food stipend
- Compensation for Church related travel
- All expenses for church-related events and trips
- Members to provide a meal for the student (either take the student out to eat or invite into their home) at least once per week
Mid-Winter Young Adult Retreat
We’re excited for some BIG changes coming to Mid-Winter Retreat in 2019!
New Dates: February 15-17, 2010 (Note the additional night this year!)
New Location: Camp Thunderbird, Lake Wylie, South Carolina
Planning Team: Collegiate students from NC, GA, SC, and TN!
This year’s retreat theme is “Life in Transition” and will be centered around faith and the crazy transitions of life that come during our young adult years! Mid-Winter features large group worship, small group discussions, relevant break-out sessions, and a chance to meet representatives from CBF partner schools from across the region.
Introducing Saturday “S” Tracks:
With the addition of Friday evening, we’re now offering Saturday morning tracks for attendees, which includes options related to art, spiritual formation, and storytelling. In addition, all participants will participate in a retreat-wide service project together.
Mid-Winter is open to any and all college/graduate students and their leaders!
This includes both campus and congregational students and leaders!
Registration & Schedule:
Click Here to Register