State Mission Offering
During the fall of each year, we emphasize the CBF/GA State Mission Offering.
When your congregation takes up an annual state mission offering, or when individual members want to give to something extra, we hope you will consider supporting the CBF/GA State Mission Offering.
so we, who are many, are one body in Christ–Romans 12:5 (NRSV)
Each fall, we emphasize our annual CBF/GA State Mission Offering. Last year, from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018, you and your congregations gave $30,272.17 to support young leadership development and neighborhood ministry efforts around Georgia.
This year, 2018/2019, CBF/GA is excited to introduce two new exciting, collaborative missions initiatives that will be supported by our State Mission Offering.
- First, we are entering into a partnership with CBF Global’s Together for Hope: A Rural Poverty Coalition. CBF began Together for Hope nearly 20 years ago with the aim of having a ministry presence in the 20 poorest counties in the United States. As Together for Hope nears its twentieth anniversary, its focus is being re-imagined and expanded to become a coalition to address persistent rural poverty in the 300 poorest, by median average income, counties in the United States. The state of Georgia is home to 40 of those counties and we are committing ourselves to be a part of this new coalition. Specifically on the state level, we are concentrating our first efforts in Sumter County, home to CBF/GA partner congregations Fellowship Baptist Church in Americus and Maranatha Baptist Church in Plains. Your offering will be used to fund our initial efforts to begin a larger ministry presence there.
- Second, we are beginning a Congregational Ministry Grant program, whereby CBF/GA will make grant monies available to congregations which are exploring new ministry and missional endeavors. Beginning February 1, 2019, congregations can apply for a matching grant of $1,000 to $2,000 that can be used to supplement these new efforts. Our hope is that these grants will spur innovative and creative ministry for your congregations that will be transformative for your members and your neighbors. In return, CBF/GA wants to share your story of how these new initiatives are enhancing your congregation’s capacity to be the presence of Christ in your community.
We offer the following items to assist you in supporting the State Mission Offering:
- A CBF/GA Event Calendar
- How to Give to the State Mission Offering
- Frequently Asked Questions about the State Mission Offering
- State Mission Offering envelopes (regular and pew versions)
- A bulletin insert for use in worship services
- A poster to promote your church’s goal for this year’s State Mission Offering
Thank you for your generosity and partnership in being the presence of Christ to our state and to our world.
Jody Long – Coordinator
Martha Kate Hall – Associate Coordinator
The following materials are available for download from CBF/GA. They may be used to promote the 2018/19 “Together” State Mission Offering.